Spring / Summer is a time to freshen everything up.
We spring clean the house, the garden and it’s also time to remember to spring clean our wardrobes too.
Your wardrobe is prime real estate and I know you have invested a lot of time and money towards it. If your wardrobe is messy and full of the old style you then it’s a good time to start a clean out.
- Pull out everything and try it on.
- For every piece you try on – ask yourself:
- Does this fit me?
- Do I need to alter it?
- What is the condition like?
- Does this piece work for my current lifestyle?
- Do I still love it?
- How do I feel when I wear it?
- How does this colour make me feel when I wear it?
- Is this piece highlighting my best attributes?
- Create 3 piles: i) maybe
- ii) throw out
- Give the gift of giving. With your throw out pile, make sure you drop it off that day to a friend or donate it to a charity. Your trash will be someone else’s treasure. One I recommend is ‘Dressed for Success’ Frankston or ‘Clothes for you’ Rosebud.
- The clothes you are going to keep all need to be placed on hangers that are the same colour, shape and design. This creates a wardrobe that is simplified and it’s easy to find garments.
- Categorize your wardrobe – either by colour or garments e.g: shirts, pants, dresses. There is no right or wrong. Just make it work for you.
- With the ‘maybe’ pile you may need to be ruthless here or get some assistance. If you decide to keep any of these garments make sure you put them into your wardrobe with the hanger going the opposite way to the others. If in 3 months you haven’t worn it then pay it forward.
Following these 7 steps will ensure that you:
- Save time when getting ready to go anywhere.
- Know where every piece is.You will feel more confident and organised.
- Will be able to see what items might be missing to create a mix and match wardrobe. This will save you money buying items you already have.
Have fun! You will feel refreshed and cleansed and ready for the summer months ahead.